Cheap Car Insurance – 7 Simple Yet Effective Tips
Nowadays, it is quite tough to find cheap car insurance. To tell the truth, getting cheap car insurance is becoming exceedingly difficult. Here are 7 ways you can get yourself cheaper auto insurance policies.
1. Be choosy on the vehicle you’ll own – You should buy cars that have smaller engines. It is also helpful if your car comes with limited room for modification. That way the insurance company will be more assured that the car won’t be converted into a muscle car or thieves won’t steal it to sell it after some modification.
2. Decide on the extent of coverage needed – If your vehicle is cheap, you won’t need anything more than a 3rd party coverage (the least amount of coverage needed in England). There’s no point going for a comprehensive coverage for cheaper cars.
3. Be careful while choosing policy options – Be conscious about selecting only essential overages.
4. Restrict the usage of your car – The majority of car insurers are offering standard and domestic policies. If you do not use your car for long distance traveling, you can save yourself some money on premiums.
5. Raise the ‘voluntary excess’ – When you’re faced with an accident, the ‘voluntary excess’ will be the sum you’ll pay voluntarily. This means that, the more your ‘voluntary excess’ is, the lower your premium will be.
6. Keep the car parked in a secured garage overnight – Most auto insurers would offer you 8-10% discounts if you agree that the car will be parked within a secured garage during the night.
7. Add security measures – If you add security gadgets/devices like car alarms, immobilizers or trackers, you can earn yourself considerable amount of discounts. But be sure to ask the insurer about the particular security devices or brands they provide discount for.